SHOULD YOU CHANGE UP YOUR FACE OR BODY SKIN CARE ROUTINE?
They say that every cell in our body is replaced over the span of seven years. Which is another way of saying that nothing stays the same – especially when it comes to your face and body skincare routine.
If it seems like you’re not getting the same results from a product you’ve been using – and loving – it may be time to make a change. On the other hand, that wonderful skin brightening serum, gentle foaming cleanser or skin care masque might be fine, and it might be that something is interfering with its effectiveness.
3 WAYS TO PRESERVE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF YOUR NATURAL SKINCARE PRODUCTS
- Store your skincare products where they won’t be exposed to sunlight or heat. (That means a bathroom that gets hot and steamy whenever you take a shower might not be the best choice.)
- Apply your products in the proper order:
- Treatment products
- And last but not least – Sunscreen
- Be sure your skin is ready to absorb all those delicious botanically inspired products by cleansing properly and exfoliating periodically.
Legit Reasons to Switch Up Your Face or Body Skin Care
- You are experiencing changes in your skin. Over time, has your skin become more oily, drier, less supple? It may be time to make a change.
- Change of seasons. No matter where you live, the changing seasons not only usher in different weather conditions, they can affect the way you spend your time. In Chicago, for example, the wicked winter winds off the lake can dry your skin and so can the central heating you crank up to thaw you out. In Florida, summer turns up the heat and humidity levels soar, which is why Floridians tend to spend a lot of time indoors in airconditioned comfort. (Just remember – whether you live in the north, south, east or west – you should be wearing sunscreen year-round.)
- You want to try something new! Maybe you’ve been enjoying the glowing skin you get from using our skin brightening RICE FLOWER POLISH, but you’ve been curious about our refreshing VELVET VERBENA SCRUB with its gentle jojoba beads, moisturizing aloe vera and soothing calendula. Go for it! What have you got to lose?
And, if you would like personalized recommendations on the best body care products for you or have questions about any of the botanically based natural skin care products we offer, contact us. We’d be happy to help!