DIY BATH BOMBS
Straight from ELLE.COM
This DIY recipe lets you customize a bath bomb with the essential oils that speak to you:
What you need:
- A round mold
- 1 cup of baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid powder
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup Epsom salts
- 4 tsp almond oil (or coconut oil)
- Essential oil blend (e.g. 20 drops of lavender essential oil, 10 drops of lemon essential oil, ¼ tsp vanilla extract)
- Dried flowers
- Spray bottle
- Add all your dry ingredients in a large glass bowl
- Mix together thoroughly
- In a measuring cup with a spout edge, mix together the essential oil blend. Add this blend to the dry ingredients VERY slowly, whisking together as you go. Then, add a few spritzes of water from a spray bottle, whisking together between each spritz. Continue to spray the water in, only a tiny bit at a time (you want to use as little water as possible). Do this until the mixture feels like barely-wet sand to the touch.
- Now it’s time to mix with your hands! You know the mixture is ready if it can be packed together without falling apart. If it’s not ready spray a little more water until it is. Again, you want to avoid it getting too wet so add water a tiny bit at a time!
- Add in the dried flowers. To do this, pack half of the mold with the bath bomb mixture, make little indentations in the middle of the half with your thumb, and add a small amount of flower petals. Sprinkle a bit more bath bomb mixture on top.
- Repeat this for the other half.
- Put the two halves together, pressing firmly so they stick.
- Carefully remove the bath bomb from the mold and let them sit in a very dry area overnight.
- Ready to use for a relaxing bath!