A SIMPLE BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE FROM PRIVAI
Privai is more than just a skincare brand. It’s a complete wellness and lifestyle mindset. Sometimes a berry smoothie with only a few ingredients is absolutely perfect in its simplicity. This blueberry smoothie recipe is creamy, nutrient-packed and delicious. It’s a total guilt-free treat; great for breakfast on busy mornings or anytime of day for a quick, healthy and light meal. Blueberries are a superfood highly rich in antioxidants and fiber; while bananas contain vitamins, protein and fiber. The flax seeds and almonds add more nutrients and necessary healthy fats. A double perk: kids will love this smoothie too! Prepare for good health this summer and beyond—blend up these in-season ingredients for a luscious, plant-based treat. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ cups fresh seasonal blueberries (or frozen blueberries)
- ½ of a peeled banana
- 1 ½ cups of almond milk
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or honey, if you like sweeter smoothies
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients.
- Blend the ingredients in a high speed blender until the desired texture is achieved, usually for about 30-40 seconds. Stop to add more milk if necessary.
- Once the smoothie is completely smooth and creamy, taste it and blend in maple syrup or honey if you’d like it sweeter. Serve immediately.
- Notes: A handful of washed baby spinach is also a great addition! You can use fresh or frozen blueberries and banana, but add ice to the blender if using fresh produce to chill your drink.
SKIN TIP: For an additional boost of antioxidants on the skin to rejuvenate your natural glow, try our Antioxidant Repair—your skin’s superhero to fight against damage caused by free radicals, such as fine lines, dehydration, and hyper-pigmentation.